Bug 3844 - Bad GPT metadata for globus_wsrf_gram_client_tools-1.0
: Bad GPT metadata for globus_wsrf_gram_client_tools-1.0
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
: GRAM
wsrf gram clients
: development
: PC Linux
: P1 major
: 4.0.2
Assigned To:
:
:
:
:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2005-10-26 16:49 by
Modified: 2006-06-06 15:08 (History)


Attachments


Note

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Description From 2005-10-26 16:49:46
I built globus_wsrf_gram_client_tools-1.0 with GT 4.0.1, then I tried to bundle
it using GPT. It failed. I've lost the original error message, but it told me
that the package wasn't compatible with the globus_globusrun_ws package. 

This is because globus_wsrf_gram_client_tools-1.0 has:

      <Dependency Name="globus_globusrun_ws" Package="pgm">
        <Version>
          <Simple_Version Major="1"/>
        </Version>
      </Dependency>

But the globus_globusrun_ws package is version 0.11:

<gpt_package_metadata Name="globus_globusrun_ws" Format_Version="0.02">
  <Aging_Version Major="0" Minor="11" Age="0"/>

I fixed this by changing globus_wsrf_gram_client_tools-1.0 to specify that it
needs version 0:

      <Dependency Name="globus_globusrun_ws" Package="pgm">
        <Version>
          <Simple_Version Major="0"/>
        </Version>
      </Dependency>

At this point, the bundling worked. 

For reference, globus_wsrf_gram_client_tools-1.0 is a development WS-GRAM update
package from <http://www.globus.org/toolkit/downloads/development/>. Given that
it's considered development, I am certainly not trying to complain, but merely
wish to help you fix the problems. Thanks for supplying this code! Our VDT users
have asked for it in the VDT.

-alain
------- Comment #1 From 2006-06-06 15:08:19 -------
The globus_globusrun_ws package currently has a major version of 2 and an age
of 2, so changing the dependency version to 0 shouldn't be a problem. It was
probably at 1 when I added the tools package, thus explaining why the version
dependency was 1. Anyway, I've committed the change so you should be able to
just check it out from HEAD and build now.