Bugzilla – Bug 3480
Allow usage of ssh to start SEG
Last modified: 2012-09-05 11:42:43
You need to
before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Since there is a requirement for the SEG that the log scheduler log files be
locally available, it would be nice to have a configurable option to allow the
SEG daemons to be started via ssh. I've tested this and it works just fine as
long as the container owner has passwordless access to the remote machine that
will run the SEG daemon. Here are the items I'd like to see be done:
1) Add GLOBUS_SH_SSH to globus-sh-tools-vars.sh.
2) Add configuration option to the factory home which specifies a host to which
the SEG daemons will be started on.
3) Update SchedulerEventGenerator.java to check the configuration option before
executing, and to use ssh if a non-null value is specified.
4) Documentation clearly describing the setup and the requirement for
passwordless access by the container owner to the remote SEG machine.
We're thinking of changing the suggested implementation to the following:
1) Add config option that simply specifies the command-line "prefix" that will
be used to start the SEG executable (i.e. "/usr/bin/ssh email@example.com ").
2) Update SchedulerEventGenerator.java to simply concatenate the current
executable command-line to the value of the parameter defined in #1.
3) The default value will be "", as prefixing nothing will do exactly what is
setting priority to 2. I think we should do this for 4.2. We've had comments
from many people at different times about making the LRM log file available to
the GRAM service host. This configuration is not a common for LRM
installations and those responsible (sys admins) have complained. There are
workarounds to make the log file available, but we can provide this option that
would allow a sysadmin to leave the LRM configuration as is.
Reassigning to current GRAM developer to close/fix as appropriate.
Doing some bugzilla cleanup... Resolving old GRAM3 and GRAM4 issues that are
no longer relevant since we've moved on to GRAM5. Also, we're now tracking
issue in jira. Any new issues should be added here: